Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, October 20, 2014

I've completed my 1st cambio in the field!

I got letters! it was like christmas!  seriously keep sending them cuz they make my life so happy!
so mom, i hope you know that you sent Lindsey to Peru and not Chile, and that I´m (your daughter aubrey, remember me?) is in chile. hahah.  i totally knew this would happen. called it.  but yeah, tanks for sending me lindsey´s letter. it actually applied a lot to me so thanks.  but i´ll be sure to forward it on to lindz (but i´m keeping the picture of eliza cuz it made my life so happy! i honestly need pictures of the family please send me some physical copies).  your letter to liza made my day. i especially love the part wehre i quote ¨i hope eliza can be an orphan¨  i got a pretty good laugh out of that. eliza, i dont want you to be an orphan.   anyway, i just hope you didn´t send the pkgs to peru cuz that could be a problem. but yeah mom, just so you know, lindsey is in peru. i´m the one in chile. hahah

dad, i got my debit card. and i absolutely love the card you sent! haha its great.  is there anything i need to do to activate  my debit card or can i just start using it?

so i had no idea they didn´t have reeces peanut butter cups here until i gave one (that elder york gave me from his pkg) to camila (my best friend here). her reaction was priceless. so now i have this crazy great idea that you should send me a pkg of a bunch of reeces peanut butter cups!  plus i´m in need of just plain white long sleeve t-shirts (i should have a bunch in my drawer under the window seat). and also some more black and brown tights both sheer and thick warm ones. its hard to keep tights in good shape when the dogs keep biting holes in them ;)

Curtis- thanks for the letter! so i totally forgot i met hna teeples´ family. everone talks about her, they all love her. she was the sister leader so everyone knows her.  so what names are you thinking of for mindy jr???

Jenny - thanks for all the updates! how´s blake? is he talking any? oh and by the way you were toally right about the boots, you´ve officially saved my life by making me get those boots. i wear them practically every day. so thank you so so much!

Andrew - what´s going on? random fact, they play a ton of ping pong here and there´s a guy in my ward that is a pro ping pong player (no joke, he actually played pro ping pong)  and he teaches ping pong class ever sat. i´m trying super hard to get an investigator to go so i have a reason to go.  and elder york is super good, i´ve never seen anyone put spin on the ball the way he does, so i play with him whenever i get the chance. so watch out andrew, i´m gonna conquer you when i get home! ;)

Cassi- you alive?

ok so letters seriously are amazing so write me millions!!! por favor!  dearelder.com is super sweet so use it :)

so it may seem odd to be thinking about htis now but Hna westover gave me the heads up to plan way ahead so....christmas for skype...what time is your church?  and it would be sweet if lindz and i could somehow overlap 10 min or so so we can talk. i don´t really know how to work that out with her but dad you should learn how to do group skype calls so i can talk with the whole family. just a thought.


I´ve officially made it through my first cambio in the field!  so last p-day was so great. it consisted of rearranging the apartment, dominos pizza and cookies (cinnamon rolls are today it didn´t work out last week).   who knew they had dominos here? made my life happy when i found that out.  so we rearranged the apartment so we could be in a smaller room so we could trap the heat from our pathetic heater and actually be warm right, so we had to take the table apart to fit it through the door which consisted of me using a fork as a screwdriver (surprisingly very effective)  and so we finish rearranging and discover that the door to the room doesn´t close. so much for trapping the heat. hah. what are the chances? pretty good with my luck.

it was Hna palma´s b-day this week. so i made her brownies that morning (the one thing i can make here that´s actually good)  andn then that night the bishop surprised her with a small party.

so it rained a ton this week (big surprise) but honestly i find it super relaxing walking for hours on end in the rain and crazy (i mean crazy!) wind either deep in thought or attempting to sing disney songs in spanish. seriously, i love it!

english class and piano class are going great.  i´m learning to play piano in spanish!  the notes have different names so its tricky to teach cuz i don´t even know the names of hte notes anymore. and enlgish class was left solely up to me this week but it went super well, with my beautiful artistic skills i effectively taught the different parts of the body (i´ll send a pict later, its pretty great)

so i get super animated during study time. personal study time is my favorite time of teh day, then during companion study i get way too excited.  i never realized how ridiculous i am until the other day it occured to me that its probably not normal how i´m banging on the table, waving my arms around and practically shouting ¨how can they not believe? they saw an angel and still doubted!¨ (talking about laman and lemuel). yup this is a common occurance, my companion probably thinks i´m crazy, but at least i´m keeping her awake.

so funny story, we´re teaching one of our new investigators how to pray and he´s holding the pamphlet that gives the steps of how to address and close and such and so we ask him to pray and camila points to the box on the pamphlet of where the intructions should be and so we all kneel down ready to pray and he starts ¨the plan of salvation, many people wonder....¨  haha he was on the wrong page so camila had pointed to the wrong box. i was trying so hard not to laugh.  i guess we forgot to teach the most important part of how we believe in personal prayers and not recited prayers. whoops. 

so yeah its been a great week, i love you all, write me millions of letters! and keep smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment