Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, November 9, 2015

Una semana enferma

Bien, so this week our summer started.  i´m not gonna say anything cuz i know Lindz is dying up there in Peru.  But I have gotten a lot of sun this week and it didn´t matter how much sunscreen i used, i still burned. dad should research it but something´s weird with the ozone layer here so the sun is 10x stronger here.   
So also, this week i got sick again (or maybe it was just too much sun...?)  haha, i was convinced it was just allergies but everyone touched my forehead and is all ¨you´re burning up!!!¨  and i´m all ¨no, i´m sunburnt!¨ but they wouldn´t take that for an answer and maybe I just let the fact that everyone was telling me that i was sick that it went to my head and the next morning i couldn´t get out of bed. but it didn´t last long. i´m all good now.   the only funny thing was trying to teach with my head buzzing and a bit loopy.  hahah   during the lesson, as we´re presenting the book of mormon i try explaining how the book of mormon and the bible support each other.   so i say ¨el libro de mormon y la biblia se oponen¨ (the BOM and the Biblia oppose each other) instead of ¨se apoyan¨ (support each other).   whoops, just a small mistake.....

So mom, familia Melehuachun are doing really well, we invited them for baptism and the 2 daughter already know that the church is true and the book of mormon and they want to be baptized but they want the support of their parents (namely their dad who says they have to be responsible enough to know that if they´re going to make this decision they can´t change their mind after and stop going to church)   so his worry is a good thing, basically we just have to show him that they´re gonna be dedicated.  The only thing that´s complicated, we feel that Coni doesn´t want to go to church because her mom´s not gonna go with her.  Her mom is inactive, but she goes to church when she visits Temuco.  She doesn´t go here because she feels offended that not one member accompanied her when her dad died.  But we have a lot of faith in this family :)

awkward story of the week......Dad, i need help with family history!  so it was District conference right, and i´m sitting there contently, listening as my mission presidente is giving his address, and suddenly he asks if the missionaries from Utah have pioneer ancestors, he looks directly at me and so i nod my head in response (but not quite sure in my head)   and he suddenly calls me to the pulit.  I about died.  So he asks me to share the story of my pioneer ancestors.  So i get up, racking my brain for a story but its only been 5 years or more since i heard the story of James Ritter Hebdon and to be quite frank 5 years ago Family history was not important to me at all so i didn´t really pay much attention to the story.   So in front of everyone i tell the bits and pieces that came to my mind (that i really hope are true becuase it might just be that my bad memory made it up....) I ended up just testifying of the pioneers and thanks to their sacrifice i have the gospel in my life. so i sit down and my companion tells me that that was super good and i´m all ¨yeah, i just hope its true!¨   haha and after the young women in my ward are all, ¨i didn´t know you could get any redder from your sunburn, but you were a pure tomato red as you were talking.¨ hahah, just great.
so dad, what´s the story about James Ritter Hebdon again?  (at least i remembered his name)

The Paro offically has ended!!!!!   so my email 3 weeks ago was a lie. The elders lied to us about the strike (hey i remember the word for paro!)   but now it really has ended and Jorge and Veronica are gonna be married!!!! we´re helping Jorge find a temporary ring and propose :D   (it was super embarrasing today trying on wedding rings in the streets. and of course the elder walked by right while i was trying the rings on.) 
but we´re so excited!!!! we´re planning a wedding!!!! :D

yup, and that´s my week! i love you all!
-Hna Hebdon la segunda  (and in 1 week more i´ll be the only Hna Hebdon :P

No comments:

Post a Comment