Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, November 16, 2015

Hola from Hermana Hebdon La Primera.

Yeah, I´m Hermana Hebdon la primera now :)  

So i´ve recieved bits and pieces of all the news that´s going on in the world right now and i decided i´m content living in my bubble here in my mission.  

Well, we´ve had good days and tough days this week.  So 2 months ago as we were walking to an appointment both my companion and i felt to knock on this one door, so we stopped and this lady opens the door, she was in a hurry but told us that she knows a lot about the church and to pass by another day.  Normally a contact like that we´d try passing by 2-3 times more and if they never answer or never let us enter we drop them.  But we passed by 6+ times, but felt super strongly to keep trying.  So this week we passed by again and her whole family was home and they let us in.  Turns out that Valeska, the mom has been a member her whole life but 12 yrs ago went inactive after her mom died. Her husband and 3 kids aren´t members but they all want to be baptized!!!  Its amazing how many families that we´re finding now that have desires to follow Christ and be baptized :)

If all goes well Veronica and Jorge will be married Nov 27th and Jorge will be baptized the 28th :)

Basically, the work is amazing in this sector!

Random story:  So we´re sitting in a lesson and as i´m talking i´m petting this cat that decided to sit in my lap.  The cat starts licking my hand and it felt cool so i let him keep licking me and suddenly, CHOMP, he bites my poor finger.  My companion just saw me flinch, and i kept talking calmly as i covered my hand trying not to let the blood drip on anything, so i finish testifying, ¨in the name of Jesus Chist amen..... can i use your bathroom?¨  and without them seeing the blood i get into the bathroom and clean up my wound.  haha, i didn´t want to tell this kind old couple that their cat bit my finger, so as we´re leaving i smoothly ask if their cat had to be vaccinated, they said yes.  whew, well at least i don´t have to worry about recieving 5 shots for this animal bite.   my luck is amazing.

Well, i´m loving it here!  its kinda sad, i don´t feel like its Christmas at all. i´m trying to get into the Christmas spirit but its kinda hard when its 90 degrees outside. haha.

Enjoy having lindsey home!!!

love, Hna Hebdon la primera ;)

p.s note to Lindz:  No puede olvidar su español! tiene que practicar cada día y seguir estudiandolo, tenemos que seguir hablando así por toda nuestra vida.  Si va a escribirme, solo puede hacerlo en puro español ;P  Gracias por todo lo que hizo en Peru! Te amo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment