Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, September 21, 2015

An unexpected and unwelcome surprise.

Well this week was full of extremes, super amazing moments and some very terrible moments too.  lets start with the bad shall we?
So, i was thoroughly convinced that i was going to finish my mission in puerto montt, so convinced i wasn`t even concerned (or even thinking) that it was transfer week.  So we recieve a call from my DL this morning telling me i`m off to Coyaique.  The city every one jokes about because its so south, so cold and the people there are .,....different (i`ve heard)   so, wish me luck.  i`m prohibiting my mind from thinking. cuz i don`t want to think about the sector i`m leaving behind.  just yesterday we had our weekly planning session and i was saying that i`ve never seen so much progress and never had so many people ready and excited to be baptized.  We were going to have a ton of baptisms this next transfer.  so i just need the faith that its not important if i`m there to see them.  So this time i`m shutting off my heart and mind so it doesn`t hurt when i leave.  It may just be better to leave without saying goodbye.  Why didn`t anyone ever tell me that the hardest part of the mission is leaving an area and people you`ve come to love so much?  I`m sure there`s a lot of success to be found in Coyaique  (i think i jinxed myself cuz in my last letter i prayed i wouldn`t have transfers cuz i have way too much stuff to pack and now i`m off to coyaique where i can only bring 1 suitcase. funny. :P)  
Ok, enough with that, you get the idea that i`m still a bit in shock.   so the other thing that happened this week, one morning as we`re getting ready we got an unexpected phonecall from viviana (my best friend from Portal)  telling us that her house started on fire and the majority burnt down.  Fires are common in Puerto montt but its never affected someone i know before, it was heartbreaking to hear her tell me this.  I`m mainly scared for the reaction of her mom, who`s emotions aren`t always stable and she was just starting to improve cuz she opened a bakery in her house, but yes, her bakery burnt down too.  so pray for Viviana and Rosa.  we got permission to go see them today so i hope i can help encourage and animate them.

and with all that, lets focus on the good....
It was the best week of my life!!!!!!!! :D  en serio!   Gina`s baptism was hermosa!  It was perfect she was like an angel dressed in white.  we sang her favorite song, how great thou art, and it turned out super good (God answered my prayers there cuz i was starting to get sick but gave me the voice to sing for her baptism, haha and next day i woke up completely without a voice)    But anyway, it was the best day ever, Gina was radiating with joy.  there just aren`t words to describe this moment that i`ve been waiting to see my whole mission.
after the baptism we had the big celebration for 18.  I LOVE CHILE!  why isn`t the US as cool as chile?  the party was so much fun, and the dancing.  Hermana Oross and I were dying that we couldn`t join in and dance.  
This week truly was a week of miracles, there might have been bad moments but opposition in all things right?  we saw so many miracles, i believe more people stopped us on the street than we stopped them, we have so many people that want to hear our message, that want to be baptized.  At least i know i`m leaving this sector stronger than before, that`s success in the mission.

My fail moments:
1. They asked me to conduct the music in sacrament meeting and without thinking i said yes.  so i get up and as i try to lead the song, literally nothing came out of my mouth cuz i have a super bad cold.  so i waved my hand in the air and mouthed the words cuz only weird groaning/screeching sounds came out of my mouth...
2. We were climbing the mountain of a hill to leave one sector and i slipped, catching myself with my hands on a huge rose bush.  so i sat there the next 3 minutes picking huge thorns out of my hand.
3. we ate 4 completos (aka, hotdogs with a bunch of toppings) for lunch, we were joking with the Hermana who gave it to us that we were going to start out diet.  then only 3 hrs later we had been visiting people with another member who decided she needed to buy something quickly in the supermarket and since we were with her and were going to go to another appt we went with her.  and we lost her in the supermarket.  so we were standing there awkwardly wondering what we should do so we decided to buy a thing of ice cream.  so as we`re waiting in line the hermana who gave us our giant lunch suddenly turns around asking how our diet was going.  haha.  we had to explain why we were there so she didn`t think all we ever do with out time is buy and eat food. hahah
4. we were leaving from an activity in the church and decided we wanted to run home.  so we started running and it felt so good i started running faster and faster.  So right as my companion yells out ¨be careful!¨  i hit a rock went sprawling to the ground.  I get up quickly and the same hermana from the story with the ice cream and completos was there watching with her whole family along with mario and graciela from the ward portal.   I was ok, my wrists were just a bit sore the next day, it was only my pride that was hurt. haha.

So yup, there`s my novel of a letter, mom, DON^T send me a package for Christmas, i`m going to be in Coyaique, i won`t recieve the package until the day i finish my mission. haha, 

well, i love you all, hope all is well! wish me luck.  i`ve learned not to question, just do.  If i question why i have to leave this area that i love with all my heart then i`m questioning the will of God.
¨If you want to make God laugh, show him your plans¨  that´s my motto.

-Hermana Hebdon

No comments:

Post a Comment