Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, June 15, 2015

Stuck in the house.

Mom, i´m sorry i fail at writing. haha, i´ll try to write more, but last week my mind was dead, i´ve been sick with a bad cold and its affecting my mind.  

Honestly my animo has descreased a bunch this week.  we had to go to the hospital for some problems hna sarceño´s been having with her back and skin and we were there ALL day long. it was terrible, a good time to just sit and figure out my life (literally i sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hrs just thinking about my life and what i´m going to do after my mission)  and then the next day we went to therapy for hna sarceño´s back and the next day we couldn´t leave the house cuz hna sarceño couldn´t walk.  I was bored out of my mind.  At the beginning of my mission i would´ve given anything to have a day in the house and now all i wanted to do was get out and work.

Random fact, we returned home one day soaking wet (it rains every day now) and i needed to dry my leggings so i could wear them the next day. so i put them next to the gas heater and started studying, next thing i know i smelled smoke and jumped up to find the source, only to find my leggings fried with a huge hole.  there goes my one piece of happiness in this cold weather. hahah

So everyone thinks i´m from Germany right? so the other day we´re knocking on doors and this guy walks by us and is all ¨you can´t knock on this door, the people here are evangelicos¨ so i responded to this guy and began talking to him and he suddenly starts speaking German, i tried explaining that i´m not German and couldn´t understand but he just kept talking and then asked me a question and when i couldn´t reply to his question because i didn´t understand a word i at least understood his abrupt goodbye in German as he turned and stomped away. hahah

One thing that´s super frustrating is the fact that there are a million versions of the bible. haha, so we´re teaching this adventista and she´s super insistent that we have evidence for everything in the bible.  So we´re trying to explain the Book of Mormon and she´s all ¨where does it testify of the book of mormon in the bible?¨ So Hna Sarceño turned to a scripture in the bible that says something along the lines of ¨and there are other books that direct the word of God...¨  so myt companion has this investigator turn to and read this scripture in her bible (which is not our version of the bible)  and she reads aloud ¨and there are no other book that speak the word of God, there is only one¨.   and the investigator looks up and my companion is all ¨oh..its uhh...different¨  hahaha, well that failed.

so yup, that was my week.  i love you all!  (mom, is 3 paragraphs good enough for you? ;)

-Hna Hebdon la segunda


My mamita made this! (and is teaching me how to make things like it :D 
this is a normal day of proselyting.  at least the dogs are listening to our message  (ps there were 2 dogs behind me when i took the picture too

No comments:

Post a Comment