Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, August 17, 2015

I can't believe it! A baptism.

Ok, so this week was crazy but wonderful!!!

so i told you about my new AP last week right?  So this week we had leader´s training with all the Zls, Presidente and the APs.  As we´re sitting down eating lunch i started talking to Elder Fotheringham and he told me an interesting story that dad failed to mention to me.  hahaha,   so apparently when he was 15 he hid his bike in our yard for one reason or another.  So dad found his bike and thought that it was a stolen bike that someone trashed in our yard, so dad turned this bike in to the police. so when Brett Fotheringham went back to pick up his bike it was no where to be found.  So he came to our house, knocking on our door asking if we had seen his bike.  So Dad answers the door and tells him that he brought his bike to the police, elder Fotheringham obviously wasn´t too happy with that. haha.  so he argued a bit with dad and then had to go to the police and fill out a bunch of papers to get his bike back.  When he told me and all the elders this story i about died. hhahaha, that is something dad would do :)   I hope there´s no hard feeling there or i´m not gonna get permission do to anything. haha
Random fact, Cassi and Lindz must´ve given really good talks in church cuz he remembered exactly what you guys talked about.

So this week was transfers but Hna Davila doesn´t leave until this Friday.  Transfers is crazy as Hna leader, we were running around for 3 days picking up Hnas and bringing them to the bus terminal.  on Wed we literally were at the bus terminal from 6:45am-8pm.  i about died being stuck inside all day long. at one point i just couldn´t handle sitting there waiting so i went outside and just ran back and forth for 5 min.  i felt like a little kid who can´t sit still for more than 5 min and has to run around to let out there energy.

Gina´s gonna be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D   last night we visited her and talked a bunch about the fall of Adam and Eve, she loves deep doctrine so it was a super intense lesson.  then as she prayed at the end of the lesson she started crying, it was the most sincere, powerful prayer that i´ve heard.  as she finished her prayer she just looks up crying and says she wants to be baptized.  we asked her when and she said as soon as possible :D     so if all goes well chances are she´ll be baptized this weekend.  we´re gonna visit her today to put a specific date for her baptism :)

I know that this church is true, i know it with all my heart.  I love this work that i´ve been called here to do. Its not easy, there are so many moments of disappointment, so many challenges, but its amazing to see that despite all that, everything is worth it, the joy and happiness of seeing this gospel change the lives of people heavily outweighs the hardships and pain.  This gospel is my happiness, my joy it is my light and my life.  I love it with all my heart, i love my Savior and I love my God.  We are never alone in this world.  I have felt the love of God more than ever this past week and i can never deny that He live, that He loves us and that we are His children.

I love you all so much. thanks for everything you do :)  

-Hermana Aubrey Hebdon

No comments:

Post a Comment