Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, December 8, 2014

Well I survived !

ok, before i forget, so we now have a house to go to to skype you guys but its on the 26th so i´m sorry its not actually on Christmas but yeah... so 26th, is there a time of day that is better for you guys? we can go to her house whenever that day so what is better for you?

well my life changed this week. i´m now a trainer trying to run this sector.  its a bit stressful trying to remember everthing but i´m getting better.  i guess the Lord knows whats he´s doing cuz being a trainer has helped me in so many ways.  He gave me a Chilean companion to start with to teach me the language but then i learned the language and became lazy, leaning on my training wheels too much because its easy to let the Chilean companion take over every conversation because she could actually understand everything.  so He took away my training wheels and left me to learn to ride solo (quite literally since my companion can´t understand spanish at all).  So my spanish magically took off this week, mainly because now it really all depends on me. i have to listen, really listen, staying completely focused when i talk with people, and only throught the goodness of God and the gift of tongues i somehow can understand the people now.  and i´ve learned how to talk too. i had a bunch of practice this week....
the elders had a terible idea to have a cometition to see who could get the most contacts in one week (the elders may be my leaders but i´ve learned that they´re still elders and therefore are far from perfect and i shouldn´t always listen to them. (cuz competitions are strictly against the white bible)).  but sadly my competitive side got the better of me.  i contactedc the world yesterday, 91 people in 1 day. the only positive side to this is that now i´m a pro contacter. a week ago i was lucky if i could get 1 contact per day.

so anyway, my new companion, Hna Rhees is great.  she´s from Heber UT.  its super hard seeing her going through the same thing i did only 3 months ago cuz i know too well how hard, frustrating and discouraging it is to not be able to communicate or understand people.  i just want to protect her from the pain but i know its the only way to learn and grow.  but i have a feeling she´s going to learn super fast cuz she has the desire like i did but unlike me she has a ton more confidence and isn´t scared to try.

i´ve decided i like the cold better...at least as a missionary. walkin gin the sun is terrible. there´s nothing you can do to cool down!  and the sun here is weird something with a broken ozone layer?  i don´t really know you should look it up.. but the rays here are stronger so i actually burn here. great.

so anyway, i´m surviving and loving it.  we found an amazing contact that accepted a baptismal date on the first visit so that´s always exciting :)   but yeah, this work is great, i love you all. oh and i got your letters and a pkg from joyce and curtis/mindy, thanks a ton!!! (don´t worry i´m waiting for Christmas)
take care, happy holidays!

-Hna Hebdon la segunda

No comments:

Post a Comment