Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Thursday, August 21, 2014

I can't believe I'm half way done with the CCM

Hola mis amigas y familia!  como estan?  
so first off, mom did you ever pick up my paycheck? if not will you get it and deposit it and let me know how much it was? gracias

So, my heart broke when i head about emma and brandt got in another really bad car crash (he's ok), so i'm just sitting in the computer lab crying. great...

well this week has been very interesting. i've been eating dinner with Tanner's district lately, i became pretty good friends with the girls in his district.  so, i'm sitting there at dinner one night when one of the elders turns to me and asks "so, what are you doing this friday...2 yrs from now?"i told him i didn't have plans yet and he asked if i'd go on a date with him.  2 min later another elder (Tanner's companion) comes up and asks the same question for saturday 2 yrs from now.  
so how is it that i jsut got asked out on as many dates as i went on all throughout highschool in 1 day as a missionary?  i don't understand my life
they were obiously joking so i was just playing along.  the Elders in Tanner's district are super funn/crazy so i just go with it.  they like to creep on me.  one of them every time he walks by me says "hola mi amor" , pretty sure thats not ok for a missionary to say but its funny so i won't complain.  

its funny how a bunch of people know me but i have no ideas who they are.  i feel bad.  the other day i'm walking to gym and we pass 2 hermanas who stop me and say "we heard we're playing volleyball with you today" i'm all yeah!...uhhh who are you?" turns out they were from Tanners district.  i had no idea he had 4 hermanas in his district i had never seen these hermanas in my life.  and they knew exactly who i was without hesitation and i didn't even have my nametag on....i'm still confused about that....

I got kind of carried away the other day when playing the piano. and i got kicked off because i wasn't paying a 'spiritual song'  whoops...  this is probably my biggest struggle.  we had a district meeting in which they whipped out the white bible and read the section on music cuz our whole district seems to be singing constantly and they're not always mission appropriate songs..  so literally 30 sec after the meeting i'm walking out the door and burst out singing "give a little bit of my love to you" the rest of the night was a struggle trying to choke back all the nonspriritual songs that were popping into my head.

so they have these "safe circles" all throughout the CCM.  apparently we're supposed to go stand in one of these giant green circles in an emergency becasue they are designated safe spots.  let me tell ya, they are anything but safe.  i'm running through the rain and i take one step in teh safe circle and slip and fall cuz it was so slick.  

One day i'm singing come thou font of every blessing and one of the elders in my district whips out hte piano music for it and gives it to me. happy day!  so then me and hermana parkinson are practicing this on the piano one day then later we're playing v-ball wich a bunch of elders i'd never seem before. they come up to me and are all "so you can play the piano and sing all at once? that was amazing!" i was super confused.  apparently a bunch of elders had snuck into the room when we were singing and we didn't even know. *awkward.    
then today we went to the temple (and by went to the temple i mean we went to the visitors center because the temple is closed for remodeling)  and we sang on the bus the whole way there. we get off the bus and these elders come up to me and was all "so was it you that had the angel singing voice?" my life is happy.  i'm suddenly getting over my fear of singing for people.

i'm super sad. tanner's district leaves this tuesday, along with my zone leader's district. there goes all my friends.  but i guess i can survive without them for my last 2 weeks.  can you believe i'm already more than halfway done with the CCM??? i'm terrified to go out in the field. i'm not ready at all! and this is now home, i have a family here.

I love life right now.  the other day its pouring rain and our teacher gave us a 5 minute break.  so what do my companion and i do?  go run through the rain.  we start running around the building and we turn a corner only to find the sidewalk and grass completely flooded (my poor shoes i discovered are not waterproof haha)  so then we take off our shoes and are just splashing through this flooded area.  it was so great.  i'[m glad my companion does crazy stuff with me.  it was just funny comparing us to all the other hermanas huddling under umbrellas complaining about the rain and their shoes as we are drenched and splashing through puddles.

Awkward moment of the week: i'm sitting on top of my desk and i needed to set my cup down on the window seal. so i lean back trying to reach.  literally a split second after i say "this is a terrible idea" the desk flips over and i end up stradeling the desk with it falling on top of me in front of all the elders.  i got a huge bruise from taht then yesterday we're playing v-ball and i dove and landed right on my bruise.  so now it is the most painful/biggest bruise ever.  everytime i rolled over onto my right side last night i'd wake up cuz it hurt so bad....

best purchas of my life: a dry erase marker.  my spanish studying suddenly got so much better. we discovered that the walls are all tile so the whole wall is one giant white board! so i spent hours writing different conjugations on the wall. studying is now fun

the elders in my district love teasing me and they keep framing me for stealing elder sandstrum's pens.  so the other day we finally got them back.  they had all left early for gym so hermana parkinson and I duct taped their pens to the cieling.  haha, it took them forever to notice. that taught them to mess with me ;)

so i'm walking to a devotional with Tanner's district when suddenly a flash mob of Mexicans run up and start taking pictures with us. talk about random

the elders in our district started this random thing where they do 10 pushups ever half-hour, so hermana parkinson and i joined in.  i'm gonna be buff when i come home ;)

This last sunday was amazing.  super spiritual.  we watched the Joseph Smith movie and i cried through the whole thing. then our district meeting was amazing.  it amazes me that all the elders just graduated high school.  their testimonies blow me away and they seem so mature (at times) to have just graduated. of course they definitely have their moments when its obvious they just graduated.  psh my ZL's were telling me they thought i looked like i was 16 or 17 when they first saw me. excuse me? i'm older than them!

i played handball with the elders. its a mixture of ultimate frisbee and soccer...i guess thats the closest i'll get to playing ultimate.

well i survived not getting the flu but now i'm getting a cold. but i won't complain cuz its 10X better than getting the flu.

well i love you all! and i miss you.  be safe, i'm praying for you all.

<3 ~Hermana Hebdon la segundo

No comments:

Post a Comment