Called to Serve!!

Called to Serve!!
Yo amo El Libro de Mormon

Monday, April 13, 2015

Butch is fired ( the dog)!

Butch is officially fired as my guard dog!  when i neded him most he was asleep in the bushes. gracias por nada.   so the other day all our appointments were cancelled so we decided to go to los arbolitos (a small sector super far away in the middle of nowhere in our area).  so we´re contacting peopleand we´re knocking on this gate while their dog is going crazy with its piercing bark.  the lady´s kids came out and were talking to us and one decided to leave, so opening the gate this dog darts out and goes right for me, so jumping out of the way his bite only scratched me.  so the owner contains the dog and puts him back in teh4 gate. so we´re talking with this lady and one of her kids opens the gate again and teh dog escaped, once again darting right for me and this time i wasn´t so lucky. as i lept back the dog´s bite got my leg.  so once again the owner got the dog back inside the gate and so laghing it off we just kep talking with this lady as i´m wiping up a bunch of blood and the lady totally rejected us!  seriously, your dog just took a chunk out of my leg the least you could do is listen to our mesage! :P  so we leave and run into our investigator who told us that all the dogs here carry infections and i needed to go to the hospital.  so reluctantly, with instructions from our district leader, we went to the hospital and gues what? they gave me an anti-rabis shot and told me i have to go back 5 times for more.  whohoo, i just love shots :/  the good news is i´m alive and rabi-less.  i honestly was surprised i didn´t need any stitches, one side was pretty deep and bleed for 4 hrs straight....but hey, no stitches i´m fine with that! :)
so i´m super intelligent sometimes.  my conversation with the doctor :  ¨what happened?¨ ¨a dog bit me¨  ¨when?¨ ¨at 5:00 today¨ ¨where?¨ ¨in los arbolitos in collico¨   ¨.....no, where on your body?¨   haha smart.

so other weird story... so we went to bed the other night and i´m sleping so soundly but suddenly i woke up to find the light on, so i look down from my top bunk to see Hna Santillán praying.  so confused i´m trying to remember turning my alarm off.  so i look at my clock and it says 12:00.  so with my mind still half asleep i sit there forever wondering if we normally wake up at 12:00, it took me 5 min to realize that no, we don´t wake up at 12, so, still confused, i wait for my companion to finish her prayer, she stands up and walks over to the heater and i ask what in the world she is doing and she´s all ¨i´m turning on the heater...¨  and i´m all, ¨hna its 12:00 in the morning¨   haha, i have no idea how or why she woke up and thought it was time to get ready for the day.

i can´t even contain my excitement!  transfers were this week and gues what, Hna Rhees got transfered to Valdiva! She´s in the other zone but i´ll get to see her, and because Hna Palma is my mom in the mission and now my Hermana leader it gives me certain priveledges and Hna Palma is organizing for us to have lunch today with Hna Rhees and her companion who just happens to be my companion´s trainer, so it benefits everyone :)  life is good!

Well, i hope all is well, i love you all!

-Hna Hebdon la segunda


No comments:

Post a Comment